(A-Radio) Feminism and conflict resolution: the Anarchist Federation Britain and its Safer Spaces policy
As Anarchist Radio Berlin we had the opportunity of talking to a comrade of the Anarchist Federation in Britain about their Safer Spaces policy. In this interview she tells us about the origins of this concept, the misconceptions and popular defensive strategies and also about the actual practice and constant development of this policy that deals with conflict resolution in political structures and survivor-lead processes in case of physical abuse.
Length: 22:06 min
You can find other English and Spanish language audios here.
Among our last audios you can find:
* Mediterranean 4: An interview with the workers of the self-managed soap factory Vio.me in Thessaloniki
* Mediterranean 3: An audio by the self-organized refugee squat Orfanotrofeio in Thessaloniki
* an interview with an activist of the Passe Livre movement in Sao Paulo, Brazil
* Mediterranean 2: An interview with two anarchists working on the refugee topic in Slovenia
* Northern Europe 3: An interview with two members of the new Anarchist Federation in Finland, Alusta
* Mediterranean 1: An interview with two activists of the occupied and self-organized refugee center Notara26 in Athens, Greece
* Northern Europe 2: An interview on the Anarchist Bookfair in Tallinn, Estonia
* Northern Europe 1: An audio on the countercultural Musta Pispala festival in Tampere, Finland
* Eastern Europe 5: An interview with Anarchist Black Cross Warsaw
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps.: We are now on Twitter! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings - in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!