Add new comment

Okay, semantics, thanks.

What do you call the student activist, progressive social justice based people who push for alternative institutions, holding the powerful accountable through continued pressure and legal strategies, bring up concepts like "the social contract" or work solely in making sure whatever non-profit they'er involved with actually tries to steer it to help (like Rainforest Action Network)?

Shit, a ton of old Wobblies still vote in every election. I've met lots of these people, they'll call themselves anti-authoritarians or will split hairs and go into "social ecology" or some other lefty ideology, but they'll still associate with anarchists in anarchist spaces. For shorthand I called them anarcho-liberals. Jeez, I get that these people are annoying but what else do you call them and why is it important to you that I don't call them that?